Livestock & Forage Resources
Adobe Reader is required to read or print some of the articles below. Download Acrobat Reader at no cost to you.
- 2007 56th Annual Florida Beef Cattle Short Course: Proceedings
- Forage Grasses
- Insect & Weed Control
- Cattle Publications
- Bahiagrass Seed Production in Peninsular Florida Circular 1257.
- Tifton-9 Pensacola Bahiagrass SS-AGR-025.
- Alyceclover - Summer Annual Legume, DS123.
- Perennial Peanut: An Alternative Forage of Growing Importance, SS-AGR-39.
- Nitrogen Fixation and Inoculation of Forage Legumes, SS-AGR-56.
- Summer Forage Legume Guide, SS-AGR-48.
- Biological Control of Pasture Mole Crickets with Nematodes, ENY-9
- Calibration of Herbicide Applicators, SS-AGR-102
- Florida Crop/Pest Management Profile: Beef Cattle, Cir. 1259
- Infectivity and Persistence of Ss Nematodes on Pasture Mole Crickets in South-Central Florida, ENY-669
- Managing Pesticides for Pasture Production and Water Quality Protection, Cir. 992
- Smutgrass Control in Perennial Grass Pasture, SS-AGR-18
- Timing the Application of Beneficial Nematodes to Mole Cricket Activity on Pasture to Optimize Control, ENY-663
- Tropical Soda Apple: A New Noxious Weed in Florida, WEC-7
- Weeds in the Sunshine: Approximate Herbicide Pricing - 2002, SS-AGR-16
- Weeds in the Sunshine: Weed Management In Pastures and Rangeland - 2002, SS-AGR-08
- Weeds in the Sunshine: Tropical Soda Apple (Solanum viarum Dunal) in Florida - 2002, SS-AGR-50
- UF/IFAS Standardized Fertilization Recommendations for Agronomic Crops, SL-129
- Fertilization of Established Bahaigrass Pasture in Florida. Circular 916.
- Five Basic Steps to Successful Perennial Pasture Grass Establishment From Vegetative Cuttings on South Florida Flatwoods, SS-AGR-24
- Ag Agent Handbook
- Beef Cattle Publications from the Department of Animal Science, Oklahoma State University. Topics include nutrition and breeding of beef cattle. Requires Adobe Acrobat reader to view articles.
Beef Cattle Breeding
- Evaluation of Breeding Seasons for Brood Cows Grazing Winter Range and Bahiagrass Pasture in South Florida
- Maternal Effects on Reproduction and Production Traits of Reciprocal F1 Dams of Angus, Brahman, and Charolais Breeds
Bulletin 838 (technical)
- Breed and Heterosis Effect in Crosses among the Angus, Brahman, and Charolais Cattle Breeds
Bulletin 828 (technical)
- Production of Grade Hereford, Beefmaster x Hereford, and Braford x Hereford Calves in South Florida
Bulletin 821 (technical)
- Beef Production from Straightbreds and Reciprocal Crosses of Angus, Brahman, and Charolais Cattle
Bulletin 810 (technical)
- Evaluation Of The Charolais As Straightbred And Crossbred For Beef Production In South Central Florida
- Beef Production of Brahman, Shorthorn, And Their Crosses On Different Pasture Programs
Bulletin 780 (technical)
- Beef Production in a Crisscross Breeding System Involving the Angus, Brahman, and Hereford
Bulletin 759 (technical)
- Effects of Body Condition on Productivity in Beef Cattle
- Effect of Body Condition on Rebreeding.
- Weaning Beef Calves at a Later Age to Increase Production.
Economics and Marketing
- Anaplasmosis in Beef Cattle
- Control and Treatment of Anaplasmosis in Beef Cattle
- BRSV & PI-3 Disease in Beef Cattle (Bovine Respiratory Syncytial Virus & Parainfluenza-3)
- Brucella abortus Disease (Brucellosis) in Beef Cattle1
- Clostridial (Blackleg) Diseases of Cattle
- Foot Rot in Cattle
- Haemophilus somnus disease in cattle
- IBR in Beef Cattle (Infectious Bovine Rhinotracheitis/Red Nose)
- Mycoplasm Mastitis
- Pasteurella Disease in Beef Cattle
- Keep Herd Health Simple and Make it Fit the Beef Cattle Operation.
- Cattle Tail Lice
- Nitrate, Prussic Acid (HCN) and Grass Tetany Problems in Cattle Feeding
- Why Vaccinate Adult Beef Cows?
Supplementation and Nutrition
- Molasses - General Information - Review Article (pdf)
- Molasses in Beef Nutrition - Review Article (pdf)
- Molasses Based Feeds and Their Use as Supplements for Brood Cows.
- A Less Costly On-The-Ranch Molasses Slurry Mixer.
- Guidelines to Selecting a Liquid Feed for Winter Supplementation of Producing Beef Cows in South Florida.
- Molasses Supplements for Mature, Lactating Beef Cows Grazing Range.